Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Things December Brings

Every end of every year always brings with it a number of lists, whether it be person of the year, movie of the year, etc. And i actually thought about doing a top 5 songs or albums of the year, but it's just so predictable and i'd probably pick an album that came out in 2005 and everyone would make fun of me. Besides, music, like a fine wine or scotch, needs to age a bit. So if a new album came out this summer (ie. The Killers, Gnarls Barkley, The Raconteurs) i probably haven't gotten around to hearing it yet. So forget that.

My rambling aside, Rolling Stone has predictably released their Best 100 songs of 2006. Here it is: Top 100

Let me know what you think in the comments.

I'll post my reaction soon, i don't want to taint the jury pool just yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just checked out the Rolling Stone top 100 list. I must say, although personally I would have chosen differently- the list is pretty well- rounded.

It has a good mix of songs that never blew up, indie stuff, hip hop, as well as songs that killed top 40.

+2 points for Rolling Stone- I am regaining some faith.

Labels